Rajesh has over 25 years of practice experience and is recognized by his peers as a leader in the field of corporate law.
Rajesh provides counsel and representation to a broad base of domestic and international clients, spread across Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East, and the U.S. on Private Equity & Venture Capital, Investment Funds, Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Infrastructure and Real Estate, Mergers and Acquisitions and Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT). He is acknowledged for his extraordinary work ethic, a strong commitment to quality, his business and commercial acumen and the enduring bond that he develops with his clients. They know that their interests will always be safeguarded and that every solution that he and his team draw up will further their commercial interests both in the short and long term. Rajesh ensures a quick turnaround without compromising on the quality of work that his firm produces. He is pragmatic in his approach and brings the wealth of his vast legal experience to the handling of complex structuring as well as the legal, regulatory and business aspects of transactions.
Rajesh has been recommended by Legal 500, ILFR 1000, Chambers and Partners for his leadership in the areas of Private Equity & Venture Capital, Mergers and Acquisition, Investment Funds, General Corporate, Real Estate, Banking and Finance and Capital Markets.
- Private Equity & Venture Capital –Advised major investors, financial institutions, offshore and domestic private equity houses and funds on the entire cycle of investments in diverse industries, including structuring, regulatory advice and post-transaction support
- Mergers & Acquisitions – advised on strategizing and structuring a range of domestic and cross border acquisitions and divestments of companies, businesses and assets, takeovers; joint ventures; India entry and exit strategy; business restructurings; provided guidance on regulatory approvals, disclosures and corporate governance issues, etc.
- Investment Funds – advised several domestic and international players on innovative fund structures and establishment of hedge funds, FIIs, art funds, infrastructure and real estate funds, leasing and finance funds, etc; and guidance on full range of investment strategies.
- Banking and Finance – advised leading international banks, financial institutions; asset management companies, broking houses and investment bankers on transactions covering project finance; debt restructuring; securitizations; ISDAs; derivative trading, etc.
- Infrastructure and Real Estate – advised government and public sector bodies, banks, project developers, mining companies and financial institutions on policy issues and regulatory requirements, foreign investments, asset financing and leasebacks, structuring and strategizing project finance transactions and infrastructure deals, roads and port concessions, renewable energy financings etc.
- TMT – advised leading corporate houses and international businesses on complex transactions covering, among other things, structuring, licensing, regulatory approvals, technology transfer agreements, IPR, data protection and privacy issues. His clients have included leading technology companies, television broadcasters, content owners, media companies and telecom service providers;
- Capital Markets – advised leading corporate houses on spectrum of capital market transactions including initial and secondary equity and debt-related issuances, euro issues (FCCBs, GDRs, etc) and offshore listing on Singapore, AIM, Luxembourg and other markets. He is also well regarded for his acumen, knowledge and experience on mutual fund regulations.
English, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi