ARA LAW was established almost at the cusp of liberalization of the Indian economy. Our team has, therefore, grown along with the market and grappled hands-on with all the challenges that a rapidly growing economy has thrown up. Our solid and sustained presence in the commercial/corporate law space, our understanding of the dynamics of the market and the constantly evolving regulatory regime and our strong relationships with key stakeholders have all ensured that high profile private capital investors and venture capitalists seek our advice on all aspects of market investment.We represent a wide range of global and domestic investors as well as investee companies. These include start-ups and many of the world’s leading corporations and we advise them through the entirety of the investment cycle, from entry to exit. We pride ourselves in our ability to provide individualized service to our clients, comprising specialist lawyers who are supported by a specially constituted team.
Structuring, documentation, execution and completion of transactions and regulatory compliances.
Structuring and compliances under Foreign Exchange Control laws, tax laws, securities laws in coordination with local offshore lawyers.
All aspects of taking private including key strategic considerations, fiduciary duty issues, procedural safeguards, compliances, completion of the takeover process, regulatory filings, delisting, insider trading and required disclosures.
Mezzanine capital financing, debt-equity structuring issues, risk management, regulatory compliances under foreign exchange laws, SEBI regulations and ECB regulations.
Exits from investments, whether by qualified IPO or strategic sale or Promoter & Company Buybacks or drag along.
Corporate and commercial issues relating to Private Equity & Venture Capital transactions such as issuance of ESOPS, compliances under Companies Act, corporate governance issues, secretarial compliances and regulatory compliances.
- Advised Kalaari Capital Partners III, LLC in relation to its investments in Holachef Hospitality Private Limited and RKSV Securities India Private Limited.
- Advised Peepul Capital Advisors Private Limited in relation to its investment in Maiyas Beverages and Foods Private Limited.
- Advised New Enterprise Associates (“NEA”) in relation to its investment in GoQii Technologies Private Limited, Intelligence Node Consulting Private Limited (iNode) and Baldor Technologies Private Limited (IDfy).
- Advised Samara Capital on its investments in Ratnakar Co-operative Bank and Thriveni Earthmovers Private Limited.
- Advised Blue River Capital an India focused private equity fund on its investments in Rane Holdings Limited, Aurangabad Electrical Private Limited, KMC Constructions Limited and KPR Mills Limited.
- Advised Global Environment Fund a private equity fund focused on investing in energy, environment, and natural resources in relation to its investment in Reva Electric Car Company Private Limited
- Advised Milestone Private Equity Fund (now acquired by Quadria Capital) on its investment in Resonance Eduventures Private Limited, Credit Analysis and Research Limited, Health Care Global Enterprises Limited and Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Limited.
- Advised Chrys Capital, LLC a leading India focused private equity fund on its investments in Yes Bank Limited, UTI Bank Limited, Spectramind Limited, Planet Saffron Management Company, LLC and Transworks Information Services Limited.
- Advised Reliance Capital a leading private equity fund on its investments in Medi Assist India Private Limited, Victory Transformers and Switchgear Limited, Celebrity Fashions Limited and Textrade International Private Limited.
- Advised India Business Excellence Fund (Motilal Oswal) private equity fund on its investments in AU Financiers Private Limited, Parag Milk and Dairy Products, Effort BPO Limited, Resurgere Mines & Minerals India Limited and.
- Advised Times Innovative Media Limited (TIM) the Out of Home media subsidiary of Entertainment Network India Limited on the investments made by Goldman Sachs ad Lehman Brothers in TIM.
- Advised India Growth Fund (Kotak Private Equity) a leading private equity fund on its investment in Indus Biotech Limited and Rubicon Research Private Limited.
- Advised Merlion India Fund I Limited a private equity fund co-managed by Standard Chartered Private Equity and Temasek Capital Management Pte Ltd on its investment in Aurobindo Pharmaceuticals Limited.
- Advised New Vernon Private Equity Limited a leading private equity fund on its investment in Gujarat Setco Clutch Limited, Hikal Limited, Interarch Building Products Limited, Allcargo Movers (India) Private Limited, Shriram EPC Limited, B. Seenaiah & Company (Projects) Limited, Continental Warehousing (Nhava Sheva) Limited, Rajasthan Spinning & Weaving Mills Limited, Updater Services Private Limited.
- Advised Citigroup Venture Capital on its investments in GMR Infrastructure Limited and You Telecom India Private Limited.
- Advised India Cements Limited on investments made by Asia Debt Reconstruction Company Limited, Asia Debt Management Hong Kong Limited and ADM Maculus Fund L.P. in India Cements Limited.
- Advised Almonds Global Securities Limited (“Almonds Global”) on investment made by Al Anwar Holdings SAOG in Almonds Global.
- Advised WestBridge Capital Partners in relation to its investment in Strand Genomics Private Limited.
- Advised Matrix Laboratories Limited (Matrix) on investments made by Temasek Holdings and Newbridge Capital in Matrix.
- Advised Ventureast on its investments in Perpetual Global Technologies Limited, eYantra Industries Limited, Polygenta Technologies Limited, Total Prosthetics and Orthotics India Private Limited, EMBL Retail, Inc. and EMBL Shopping Services Private Limited.
- Advised Argonaut Ventures on its investments in Vallabhdas Kanji Limited, Shriram EPC Limited, Midas Communication Technologies (P) Limited, eYantra Industries Limited.
- Advised Natixis Private Equity on its investments in Concord Enviro Systems Private Limited and John Energy Limited.
- Advised SIDBI Venture Capital Fund Limited (SIDBI) on its investments in Scicom Infotech Private Limited, Compulink Systems Private Limited and TRRS Imaging Limited.
- Advised UTI Venture Funds on its investment in Rev IT Systems Private Limited, Knowledge Systems Private Limited, NMS Works Software Limited, TMG Entertainment Private Limited and Subex Systems Limited.
- Advised Helion Ventures Partners III LLC on its investment in Locon Solutions Private Limited.
- Advised Qualcomm Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd on its investment in Locon Solutions Private Limited.
- Advised AA Development Capital India Fund I, LLC on its investment in Numero Uno Clothing Limited.