ARA LAW’s real estate practice has grown as rapidly as this sector has developed in India and is now a key focus area for its team of senior lawyers. With the knowledge that we have garnered over the years of the real estate industry, we now have the expertise to provide a perspective that is all encompassing, strategic and will help our clients stay ahead of the competition.
As with most sectors in a newly opened up economy, it is crucial that lawyers stay updated on the legal and regulatory developments related to their areas of specialization. This is something that our Real Estate specialists take very seriously, given the constant changes in regulations in this sector. For it is this, combined with a balanced and realistic perspective of the issues at hand, financial expertise, our multilingual capabilities and a solid network of local partners across the country, that ensures that our clients always have a steady guiding hand through all of their real estate needs, whether connected to a commercial transaction or specific property deals. Our team is nimble and surefooted, with the ability to navigate the regulatory labyrinth and the local laws without losing sight of the commercials.
We have advised a wide range of financial institutions, commercial banks, corporations, property owners, real estate fund managers, domestic alternative investment funds, real estate developers and foreign and domestic investors on all aspects of real estate transactions. Our practice covers the entire span of real estate deals, from acquisition and development to leasing and sale of residential, commercial and industrial projects and special economic zones.
ARA LAW counsels and represents its clients on a wide range of Real Estate matters including:
Title search and investigation on all types of property situated across India in coordination with local lawyers.
Acquisition and disposition of all types of real estate, including residential, commercial, industrial and properties situated in special economic zones.
Development, Joint Development, Redevelopment and Slum Rehabilitation projects including Operation & Management Contracts and related documents.
Raising finances from banks, lenders, domestic and offshore investors for the development of property and the creation of security.
Investments by domestic as well as offshore Investors in REITs, including advising on SEBI regulations and exchange control regulations.
Assisting in land use matters, sub-division, planning and zoning regulations in coordination with local lawyers.
Regulatory compliances and approvals under complex state and central property laws, including pertaining to the formation of condominiums and societies.
Lease Deeds, Leave & Licence Agreements, etc., relating to residential, commercial and industrial properties.
Applicability and computation of stamp duty and assisting in registration of property documents in coordination with local lawyers.
- Advised Fedfina Financial Services Limited in drafting of facility documents including loan agreement, mortgage deed, partnership resolutions, no objection certificates and other ancillary documentation followed by issuance of an enforceability opinion on the construction finance transaction of Zaveri Constructions Private Limited, Sarovar Associates and S&H Associates, M/s Swati Buildcon, M/s Rushabhdev Infraprojects Private Limited, M/s Kartik Enterprises and M/s Mana Constructions in the states of Maharashtra, Gujarat and Karnataka.
- Advised ICICI Prudential Private Limited in relation to its project financing deal with Akshaya Private Limited.
- Advised ICICI Prudential Asset Management Company in conducting several title searches in relation to its acquisition of several properties on leave and license basis in Mumbai.
- Advised HDFC Asset Management Company Limited in relation to its several investment transactions including investment in the re-development of a residential project in Mumbai of Nilkanth Tech Park Private Limited and investment in K. Raheja Universal Private Limited for 4 residential real estate projects.
- Advised India Realty Excellence Fund (Motilal Oswal) in relation to its acquisition of several properties on leave and license basis in Mumbai.
- Advised Kriscore Financial Advisors Private Limited in relation to its acquisition of a property on leave and license basis in Mumbai from Crown Gateway Cuisines Private Limited and Maharaja Fatehsinh Charities.
- Advised Sanghi Polyesters Limited with the title search for the property and documentation in relation to acquisition of a property on leave and license basis by Sanghi Polyesters Limited from Sanghi SEZ Private Limited.